Thursday 1 March 2012

Re: Re: Re: Job Application


---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: MG.C
Date: Thurs, 1 Mar 2012 13:53:48 +0000
Subject: Re: Job Application
To: careers@thefa.comdavid.bernstein@thefa.com

Dear Mister-I'm-Too-Good-To-Call-Or-Write-My-Fans,

This'll be the last email I ever send your Highness.
It's been three weeks and still no word - I don't deserve it?
I know you got my last two emails; I wrote the addresses on them perfect.
So this is my email I'm sending you, I hope you read it.

I'm in the office right now, I'm doing some filing.
Hey Dave, I drank some coffee, you dare me to drive?
Why? Do you think the caffeine may sharpen up my responses and earlier I'll arrive?

You know the song by Phil Collins, "A Groovy Kind of Love"
about that guy who was feeling blue and all he had to do was take a look at you and then he's not so blue
but didn't, then Phil saw it all, then at a a show he found him?
That's kinda how this is, you coulda rescued my lips from quivering.

Now it's too late - I'm on a caffeine-low, I'm drowsy
and all I wanted was a lousy email or a photo-call
I hope you know I ripped ALL of your pictures off the wall

I love you Dave, we coulda been together, think about it
You ruined it now, I hope you can't sleep and you dream about it
And when you dream I hope you can't sleep and you feel really quite sorry about it
I hope your conscience is piqued and you feel a trifle embarrassed without me

See Dave; [*ringing*] One moment please, caller! I'm tryin to talk!
Hey Dave, that's my mum calling on the phone
asking about my application and how you're handling it.
I just gave her a little cash, see she lent me some money and I'm repaying her a fixed amount monthly
and my debts will be cleared in a year or so. It's good financial planning and I can heartily recommend it
cause if she doesn't get her money I'll feel guilty, and then she'll be miffed at me too

Well, gotta go, I'm almost at the bridge now
Oh whoops, I forgot, how'm I supposed to send this email out?

Click send? Ok, thanks.

Lots of love, 
MG.C

1 comment:

Come on, spit it out. You're not normally this quiet so let's hear your thoughts.