Sunday 6 December 2015

Steven's Cat

My child arrived just the other day,
Came to the world in an emergency way,
I've had a plane to catch, bills to pay,
Hope she's learned to sleep while I've been away.
Somehow I doubt it, I'm only gone two days, she thinks "I'm going to sleep like Mum, Dad, you know I'm going to sleep like Mum."

And next door's cat's on the wander, doesn't want to leave too soon, Wonky's got an airplane, her sister: a man on the moon.
When you coming home, Dad?
I do know when,
We'll have a good time then.
You know we'll have a good time then.

My daughter's turning two in a couple of days.
So excited about her party, she can't wait for Sunday.
"Could you come for a dance?"
I replied "what, today?"
She took me by the hand and showed me the way.
We went to the studio and she pointed to the machine.
"I want Daddy's song, Dad, please I have Daddy's song on?"

And the cat's in the window, wondering why he can't come in. He's moved next door, helps control the vermin.
"Can I see a train, Dad? Won't you stop working?
I'd like to see a little train.
You know I'd love to see a train."

Soon enough it'll be Christmas Eve, Santa Claus's visit and the fĂȘte of Saint Steve.
We've a tree to find and Pogues to sing, an excited daughter's joy for us to delight in.
Squeak doesn't know what's coming,  sure she's only three weeks. She'll enjoy it all the same and will love all the treats. She'll sure love all the lights, though, she'll really love all the lights.

And as I come into land, so nearly home, I know I'll be with all my girls soon. We'll have a great time soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Come on, spit it out. You're not normally this quiet so let's hear your thoughts.