Saturday 1 October 2011

---insert title here---

I'm still trying to get to grips with this blogging game. The reason I started was because I want to write. I think ultimately I want to write a comic novel (an amusing book, not a feature length Beano) or perhaps an oscar-winning feature film with John Merrick playing me in the lead role. But is that reason enough to start a blog?

Will it prove cathartic or will the repetitive attempts at writing allow me to improve my prose? I was inspired to start the blog by someone who has a very specific reason for writing a blog and therefore does not need to search for a subject each time.

I can't write every blog about writing a blog and searching for a topic so I am going to narrow it down to a field I can concentrate on. Not sure what though. I thought, 'I know, I'll ask people to suggest topics for my blog, that will save me some effort' until it dawned on me that nobody is reading this. Then I thought I'd blog asking for information on how to get people to read this but was quick to realize that that is a chicken and egg situation.

So for now I will leave it here and go off in search of people to read these ramblings. I will report back with my efforts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Come on, spit it out. You're not normally this quiet so let's hear your thoughts.