Wednesday 21 November 2012

Tetley Flea Bag

The woman next to me has no face. She has a book so presumably she has a face. She does not appear to be reading Braille.

The woman next to me has an elbow. Perhaps two. The woman next to me
has no spatial awareness. The woman next to me desperately needs to inspect the contents of her coat pocket; the one nearest me.

The woman next to me desperately needs to inspect the contents of her coat pocket.

One. Item. At. A. Time.

Hand. Pocket. Elbow out.
Ouch.
Elbow out. Pocket. Hand. Inspect contents.
Seeth.
Reject contents.
Hand. Pocket. Elbow out.
Ouch.
Elbow out. Pocket. Hand. Inspect contents.
Seeth.
Reject contents.
Hand. Pocket. Elbow out.
Ouch.
Elbow out. Pocket. Hand. Inspect contents.
Consider legalities of elbowing. Hard.
Contents accepted. Applied to nose. Badly. Blow.
Wretch. Germanoid nose exhaust engulfs me.
Contents accepted. Hand. Pocket. Elbow out.
At most it would be manslaughter. Surely.

The woman next to me falls from her seat. Hand in pocket. Elbow out.
The woman no longer next to me glowers. The woman no longer next to me whimpers. The woman no longer next to me attracts no attention. The people all around me see nothing as they turn the page, secretly, silently congratulating the man no longer next to the germanoid witch who nobody sees.

The journey continues.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Come on, spit it out. You're not normally this quiet so let's hear your thoughts.